Thought it was about time I pulled this little baby out of the cupboard and did a bit more, modelling has taken a bit of a back-seat of late as I am putting up a mate of mine from Wales who is working local. To get the spare room clear for him I have piled everything into my (already tiny) modelling room! Anyway enough of the domestic stuff here's a few more pictures of the kit in progress.
Here's a picture of the body after spraying with Tamiya Dark Green over red plastic primer (to make it darker). I can't understand what happened as the paint was supposed to be gloss?? All I can think is it reacted with the primer coat and that's what caused it to dry semi-matt.
I am not too worried as the finish will be perfect to simulate the fabric covered rear body section. Hopefully a coat of gloss clear on the rest of the body/chassis will save the day.
The tank was painted at the same time and had the same end result. I have pared off the original moulded on rear lamps and fitted some red dots from a company called Little Cars. http://www.little-cars.co.uk
This will be clear coated as well.
Lastly I have added a bit of detail work to the kit steering wheel by wrapping it in scale 'cord'. This was a popular fix on the race car to make the wheel non-slip. It took about 3 hours and plenty of
before I got it looking how I wanted it!!
That's the story so far. Next plan is to finish the wheels and tyres, clear coat the body/chassis, foil the rad and detail paint the blower etc. In the meantime I have started a kit of the T Bucket that I used to own way back when petrol wasn't a luxury item! I am hoping to get some pictures of this when time/space permits.